A faster website is a good thing for a number of reasons.
- People have short attention spans – Why wait for your site to load when there are maybe 9 others on a search engine results page that do load quickly.
- Its considerate – not everyone has the greatest browser, fastest computer or speediest internet connection. You don’t want to close the door in their face.
- Search engines probably take it into account as one of the factors in their ranking engines. Google have it as a feature in webmaster tools.
- It makes you look professional – you wouldn’t be late for a meeting or take an age to reply to a call. In the same way you don’t want your website to look bumbling.
- Slow websites are frustrating – and you don’t want to be frustrating potential clients.
Find out how fast your site is
Saying that I need to increase the speed of this site :)